Monday, September 22, 2014

My Song


They all told me that I was strong
but when you were gone
I was broken
Thoughts of you filled my words, my thoughts, my song.

They all told me it would be okay
even I knew the pain wouldn't stay,
but I wonder at their confidence
when it was my life, my story, my song.

They all told me he meant well,
but I felt like I was being put through hell.
I don't see why he bothers or cares 
when it's my world, my future, my song.

They all told me not to be afraid,
but my thoughts and fears weren't for them to invade.
Who were they to say it would be okay
when it was my nightmare, my tragedy, my song.

They said to be strong.
It was easier said than done,
but I listened.
And now I can honestly say- I tried.

They all told me that I was strong.
It's been so long...
Perhaps they were right, perhaps not,
but it's still my world, my story, my song.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This and my next couple of posts are some poems that I wrote last year. I'm honestly proud of these so... enjoy~! c:

No comments:

Post a Comment