Monday, September 22, 2014

Pains

Listen, child. 
I know life is challenging
and the pain is hard to bear.
I know it can seem like
nothing will ever change for the better.
At times it will seem like the world
is bent on killing you.
It will be easier to give in to the pain
and savor your scars
maybe add a few more.
But child, we must not let them win.
Every scar, every drop of blood, every cry of pain
is saying
"I've lost, I've been defeated,
I can't take it anymore."
But child, we cannot let them win.
It is us against the world,
and we must not show weakness.
No matter how strong temptation may be,
we must put on a smile for them to see. 
Yes, it's easier said than done,
and yes, it's all been said before,
but maybe it's still being said for a reason.
Listen, child.
I know life is challenging
and the pain is hard to bear,
but don't give in to pain and temptation.
It will all be okay eventually.
I know... I've been there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment