Monday, September 22, 2014

Gone



Sometimes I think about what used to be
that magical connection between you and me.
I still remember the way the snowflakes fell
they day it was all over.

I guess I'm sorry about the way it had to end,
and that's why all these letters I sign but don't send
lie around me, attempts to make a closure
for us, maybe just a little too late.

I passed you on the road today,
can't tell you how much I wanted to say
I'm sorry, but this is fate,
why can't you understand?

We really should reconcile and explain,
but I don't want to face the pain.
But you, on the other hand,
seem to think of it every day,

What happened to us?

There was magic, then it was lost,
gone like yesterday morning's frost.
Overnight, whatever we had
vanished like shadows, crumbled to dust.

Sometimes I think about what used to be,
that lost connection between you and me.
I'll always remember the way the snowflakes fell
the day it was all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment